Saturday, March 5, 2011

Acetate Card

I'm still rolling with the theme of trying something new.. I'm really enjoying all these new techniques. I found some acetate on my desk yesterday and decided to try a card with an acetate front. It turned out even better than I imagined!! (although it is a bit hard to see in the photo because I discovered acetate is really hard to photograph). The image I have used is King Tilda from Magnolia and the papers are from a KaiserCraft collection called Magic Happens. These have been my favourite papers lately!! I just love the magical feel about them!! Anyway I had better show you the card!

The card is a good luck card for a friend's sister who is about to go travelling overseas.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
CES - #26 St Patricks / Good Luck
Just Magnolia - #96 Anything Goes
The Paper Shelther - #3 Scrap It
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Favourites

Copics I used on King Tilda:
BG01 - on the shape behind Tilda
E30 & 31 - Hair
E50 & 51 - Skin
V000 & V01 - Socks
V01, 06 & 09 - Clothes
W2, 4 & 6 - Crown

9 comments:

  1. Amazing card ………. Great idea ..............Thanks for joining us at TPS....

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ya
    aww fabulous card,lovely papers & design, thank you for joining us at CES this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Lisa. Thanks for joining us for our Scrap it challenge at The Paper Shelter. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. Love the look on your little Tilda. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS Challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Tilda! Love the use of the acetate and background papers. Good luck in the CES challenge.
    Hugs Wendy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at the Paper Shelter this week and congratulations on trying something new. Fabulous.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card!! Lovely Tilda and perfect for a travelling good luck!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card and gorgeous Tilda, thanks for playing in our good luck challenge@CES.
    Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete